Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My Must Have Makeup Brushes

I have about a zillion makeup brushes.  But really, you don't need that many.  Here are my must have brushes, which I think provide everything you need to complete any look!
 
 


1.  A Flat Kabuki. This brush is a total must have for applying your foundation.  You want something short and very dense.  This will help you get your foundation really into your skin, giving you a flawless finish.

2.  A Tapered Brush.  These are sometimes called blush brushes or highlighter brushes.  Whatever they call it, it just needs to be small, fluffy, and almost comes to a point.  This brush is an absolute must must must for me, for setting my under eyes.  If you're like most women I know, the under eye area is always a concern.  After adding concealer, it's super important for me to set the under eye area with a translucent powder, otherwise - crease city - no thanks!

3.  A good ole Powder Brush. Just something big and fluffy.  I use this to sort of contour/bronze all together.  On normal days, I don't do a harsh contour a la Kim Kardash.  I usually just use a regular bronzer, and sweep onto my face in the contour locations (below the cheek bone and the temples of the forehead).  This gives a nice natural contour look, without looking to extreme.

4. A Blush Brush. I got this purple one from some discount website, but any blush brush will do!

5.  A Large Tapered Powder Brush. This is basically a larger version of #2.  It's perfect for adding highlighter, and sort of buffing out any harsh lines you may have for applying your bonzer or blush.

6.  A Big Blending Brush. Ok, so this brush is technically a concealer brush, but it's PERFECT for blending your eyeshadow on your crease.  It's both dense and fluffy, so you can really buff your crease color on there.  Don't be afraid to use brushes for things other than what they're labeled for!  If it works, just go with it.  And seriously, this is my #1 favorite brush.  I really can't do makeup without it, and I honestly use it every single day.

7.  Fluffy Crease Brush.  This is what I use to blend dark colors on the outer V of my eye lid.  This one is less dense than the big blending brush, so it gives more of an airbrushed effect, perfect for darker colors you don't want to go too heavy on.

8.  A Flat Shader Brush.  A must have for packin' on the shadow all over your lid.  These Elf brushes are amazing for this, and they are only $1 at Target!!! I have like 5!

9.  A Wide Shader Brush. I love a brush like this for cream colors under the brow bone!  It's super easy, and just seems to blend better than with a smaller brush.  I like this to be slightly fluffy too, and not totally stiff.

10.  Disposable Mascara Wands. I use these things like they are going out of style.  I use them to blend out my eyebrows, declump a clumpy mascara - and even brush a clean one on my lips.  I know, so weird, but it's an amazing exfoliater for your lips if they are dry/flaky, without being too harsh.  I can't be without these!

11. The Beauty Blender.  I know, spending $19 on a sponge sounds insane.  BUT once you have this thing, you seriously can't live without it.  It applies your foundation perfectly, blends out your concealer seamlessly, and you can even apply powder with it.  It looks small here, because it's dry, but it doubles in size when its damp (which is how it's meant to be used).  It lasts a long time (I've had mine for up to 6 months), and use it every single day.  So really, considering how much you use it, and how long it lasts, the $19 really isn't bad.  TRUST ME, once you the plunge and try this thing out, you'll know what I'm talking about ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment