Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Perfect First Palette: Chocolate Bar or Naked?!?

A question I get asked all the time is, "What eyeshadow palette should I get?!"
 
And I think most people would agree, it usually comes down to the Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Urban Decay Naked.
 
So how do they compare?!
I guess I should start off by saying - these are both FAB.  Really, you can't go wrong.  BUT, they a'int cheap either.  At around $50 each, you def want to make the right choice if you're making your first big eyeshadow palette.
 
As you can see from the pic above, both my palettes are extremely used and abused loved. SO I think I can give you the low down.
 
First up is the Too Faced Chocolate Bar.  This palette has a great mix of both matte and shimmer colors.  All the colors are super easy to use and easy to blend.  There are 2 light shades which are bigger than the rest, which I LOVE.  I love to use the creamy matte color in my brow bone, and the shimmery pink color all over my lid.  And then I add extra fun colors from there.  This palette TRULY is an "all in one".  Meaning, you do not need anything else whatsoever on your eyes to create any look.  It can go from sweet and natural to total rockstar (that crazy sparkly purple shade is everythingggg).  Because it has everything you need, it's PERFECT for travel.
 
Next up is the Urban Decay Naked.  THIS is probably one of the most loved palettes of all time, AND with good reason.  The shadows are SOOO SPARKLY, and shimmery, and buttery and amazing.  This palette is pretty much all shimmers with 2 matte brown colors.  And ALTHOUGH it is amazing, it does not include a creamy matte color, which I really think is a must for your brow bone.  SO you may need to bring in some more natural shades from outside this palette to complete your look. 
 
So which one should you get?!?!
 
IF you are brand spanking new to makeup and have a small collection, I would recommend the Urban Decay Naked.  BECAUSE the colors are sooo smooth and easy to work with.  When I first started playing around with makeup, all I really did was throw a shimmery color on my eyelid.  I may have smoked it out a little, but overall, I didn't do too much blending right in the beginning.  This palette is perfect for that, because any of these colors will look really pretty just alone.  Plus this palette comes with a great little shader brush, which is really good for packin' on the shadow.
 
IF you already have a little bit of a collection already with alot of shimmery shades (say from Wet n Wild or ELF), then I would recommend Too Faced Chocolate Bar. The reason being is! This palette is equally as great, but it's a HAIR more advanced.  A total newbie may not even know what that large creamy matte shade is for.  SO you already have your shimmy fun lid shades down, and you already have a fun shimmery collection and you're looking for your FIRST fancy palette, then this one is for you.  It's the PERFECT starter palette for shading, crease colors, etc.!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment