Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Easy Vegan Meal Prep

On Sunday this week I decided to do a little meal prep for the work week (yes I'm one of the sad people that actually has to work the week between Christmas and New Years). 
 
I really want to try and incorporate as many plant based foods into my diet as possible.  I used to be better at this, but I've def been slacking recently.  I haven't eaten meat (like chicken, pig, cow, etc) in over 2 years now, however I have had eggs, dairy and fish.  One of my goals for 2016 is to try and transition away from those foods.  SO I want to try and prep some easy stuff so I have it on hand and ready!

The first thing I made was this Chickpea "tuna" salad.  
It contains:  1 large can chickpeas, pickles, red onion, celery, salt, pepper and cilantro, diced/mashed together.

Does this taste like tuna?  No, it tastes like chickpeas LOL.  But it does have all the elements that make you think of tuna salad in a way.  I've had it on both a sandwich and as a salad topper.

Next thing I made was spaghetti squash.
Nothing crazy here - just baked and mixed with tomato sauce!
 
Next was an Asian veggie rice. 
 It contains: Long grain brown rice, asparagus, peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, celery, low sodium soy sauce, Sriracha and chives. 

This is yummy! Only complaint is the rice was kind of sticky - almost like oatmeal?  I need to use something like jasmine rice next time I think.

 
And lastly - some potatoes :)
Baked with salt & pepper
 
And voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment