Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Season Recap

WELL HELLO FRIENDS!
 
I hope everyone had an amazing holiday!
 
This Christmas was one of the best ever.  I was able to spend so much time with friends and family, which made it extra fun and special.
 
Some fun things I've done the past few weeks are a couple of new traditions.  For the past few years, Kryssi and I have seen the Macy's Christmas Tree lighting in Boston.  It's SUPER festive, with singers, and confetti and (spiked) hot chocolate.  I also attended my families Ladies Only Yankee Swap (perhaps called White Elephant by some??).  Both of these things have turned into something I really look forward to and make the season extra FESTIVE!
 
Christmas Eve my mom has a XL BASH and it was so fun as always.  Just lots of: people, food, drinks.  Cheesy singing and even a visit from SANTA.  Christmas Day I had brunch with my BFFs fam and then Nils' parents for dinner.  Just happy and relaxing times all around!
 
I even loved our TREE this year.  It was a "woodland" theme tree - so all of the ornaments are little woodland creatures (owls, fox, squirrels, raccoons), feathers, antlers, etc.  I loved it!  Def doing it next year, and I'm excited to add things to my collection.  My grandmas also gave me her Nativity set this year which I have been weirdly obsessed with since I was a child (I accidentally decapitated one of the wise men once, but don't worry he's glued back together now).  I put it on the bookshelf right next to my tree :)
 
 
 
AND - not that this is as important - but I totally lucked out on presents this year.  I know everyone says the same thing, but I just have the best bf/family/friends/coworkers etc that are way overly generous!
Some of the goods include sweaters, some Patagonia gear (omg Nils and I are totally gonna be twinsies this summer), lots of makeup goodies, tons of Star Wars merch (I'm a huge fan - I tried to change my name to Ashaliea in my younger years LOL), the cutest sign for my vanity, an Ipad Mini (!!!) and possibly the best karaoke CD that exists (hello girls night!)
 
 
 
Hope everyone else had an amazing Christmas/holiday as well! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment